Grade 1 Trip Leader Assessment
Below is the minimum requirement for a Grade 1 Trip Leader for the QSKC. The below can be demonstrated through a variety of methods from practical, written or oral. RPL can be sought from the Technical Committee.
Grade 1 Trip leader definition
A Grade 1 Trip Leader can lead trips up to the following conditions:
- Sheltered waters, such as the Broadwater
- Seas up to 0.5m
- Surf to 0m
- Paddles up to 15km per day, if more than 15km trip leaders must show in their planning/trip briefing that they have taken the distance into consideration
- If wind is over 15 knots, trip leaders must show in their planning/trip briefing that they have taken the wind into consideration
- Max distance of 1.5NM from shore
- The Grade 1 Trip Leader assessment needs to be assessed in minimum winds of 8 – 12 knots.